Nature of Fires
Fire is a chemical chain reaction involving rapid oxidation or burning of fuel. It needs three elements to trigger fire: fuel, oxygen (O2), and heat. Fire chain reaction will occur when all three elements are present in the proper conditions and proportion. To prevent or extinguish a fire, only one of these three elements needs to be eliminated. Fire extinguishers were designed to eliminate heat and oxygen, or creating barrier between fuel and oxygen, depending on the contents of the extinguisher.
A,B,C and E are the most common classes and represent 98% of all fires. The contents in fire extinguishers that have them work are either liquid, or more commonly, dry chemical. Liquid chemical or water is used to reduce the heat, while dry chemicals interrupt the fire reaction by creating a barrier between oxygen and the fuel source. Dry chemical is the most versatile and widely used application for extinguishing of the common Class A,B,C and E fires.
- Weight of extinguishing powder mixture: 1.3 +/- 0.2 kg.
- Total weight of the agent: 1.5 +- 0.2 kg.
- NEC: 4.0 g
- Diameter ?: 147 mm
- Warning audio signal: 120 dB (Impulse Noise)
- Activation time: 3 – 10 sec with flame
- Ensure extinguishing of fires in the distance up to 8 – 10 m2.
- Product type: Other pyrotechnic products, pyrotechnic extinguishing agents
- Category P 1
- Registration number: 1395 – P1 – 0128/2010 (EU Standard)
Characteristics of the agent and description of principle of functioning
The agent consists of a protection jacket, extinguishing powder mixture FUREX 770, special pressure equipment and a net of activation ignition cords. After contact with an open fire, the agent activates, the protection jacket of the ball explodes, warning signal is made and released extinguishing powder mixture extinguishes the starting fire in its vicinity.
MANUAL AND AUTOMATIC USAGE:
Manual usage at extinguishing of starting fire in a room
- Have the ball always placed at the visible and accessible place.
- At the starting fire throw/roll the ball into the fire from the safe distance.
- It self-activates after contacting fire up to 3 – 10 sec. and extinguishes the starting fire.
- In the case of necessity throw more ELIDE FIRE balls into the fire.
Manual usage outside or in a garage fire extinguishing a vehicle
At the starting fire, throw to the vehicle at least two ELIDE FIRE extinguishing balls and remove immediately into safe distance
Automatic usage in rooms
- Install ELIDE FIRE 10 – 30 cm above the place with a high risk of fire origin. (Garages, kitchens, places in vicinity of fire-places, electric circuit breakers, outlets, etc.)
- Be sure that an arrow on the product package is always directed upwards.
- The agent self-activates after contacting fire, it gives a warning audio signal and extinguishes the starting fire.